On 28 Apr 2017, at 2:14am, Randall Smith <rsm...@qti.qualcomm.com> wrote:

> (a)     Is this right?  A shared-cache, in-memory database is "persistent"
> across connections from the same process that do not overlap in time?

Correct.  SQLite doesn’t count connections and do anything special when the
number gets back down to zero.

> (b)     Is there some way to reliably blow away one of these databases so I
> know there will be no hangover state after that operation and can start fresh
> with a virgin database?

Take a look at

<https://sqlite.org/c3ref/initialize.html>

Calling sqlite3_shutdown() will release all the resources SQLite uses.

Technically, we’re all meant to be calling sqlite3_initialize() and
sqlite3_shutdown().  In practise, nobody does because if you forget to
initialize the other routines will do it for you, and quitting the process will
release everything.

Simon.