On 16 May 2017, at 10:09pm, Roman Fleysher <roman.fleys...@einstein.yu.edu>
wrote:

> I think I came to a point where I need to learn SAVEPOINTs.
>
> I am trying to understand documentation if creation and release of save
> points covers all presently attached databases, that is those before save
> point is created? Is attaching a database just a command that will sit on the
> transaction stack as any other, INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE?

It doesn’t matter when a database is attached to a connection.  A savepoint is
something which affects the current transaction for a connection, which is
comprised of the INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE operations you mentioned.

One SQLite connection:
    Has access to at least one database, maybe more.
    Has none or one current transaction.

One transaction:
    Has zero or more savepoints.

Simon.