On 21 Jul 2017, at 5:52pm, Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org> wrote:

> On 21 Jul 2017, at 4:27pm, Jean-Luc Hainaut <jean-luc.hain...@unamur.be>
> wrote:
>
>> Hence my modest proposal: wouldn't it be a nice idea to make this unofficial
>> order a feature of SQLite (just like DB2)? This would make the multiple
>> triggers of a kind much more useful as it currently are.
>
> I’m minded to leave things as they are, with the order undefined.  If you
> really want to trigger a number of different operations in a specific order,
> put those operations all in one trigger, one after another.

Alternatively, instead of having

Operation A
Trigger A1 on operation A performs operation B
Trigger A2 on operation A performs operation C
Trigger A3 on operation A performs operation D

have

Operation A
Trigger A1 on operation A performs operation B
Trigger B1 on operation B performs operation C
Trigger A3 on operation A performs operation D

That way you’ll know that you’ll get either ABCD or ABDC, but either way C will
be executed after B.

> I have a question.  Would you expect to see depth-first or width-first
> recursion, and why ?

Still interested in this.

Simon.