Yes.  Good point.  Before seeing Richard's last commits for pseudo-null
pointer passing with static string type name, I proposed that the
pseudo-null pointer API be extended with function signature forms which
pass by value a user defined integer field for type information.

After further contemplation, I think it would be better to simply add the
BLOB API function signature forms to pass optional user defined type
information (by value) to achieve two factor pointer type identification.
One can already test BLOB byte length.  Adding an optional field to
communicate explicit type id would truly rule out the possibility of
dereferencing a nonsense BLOB which happens to be the same length in bytes
as the expected host object.