I assume BEGIN, COMMIT, and ROLLBACK are safe too :)

On 7/21/17, 1:08 PM, "sqlite-users on behalf of Richard Hipp"
<sqlite-users-boun...@mailinglists.sqlite.org on behalf of d...@sqlite.org>
wrote:

    On 7/21/17, Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org> wrote:

    > The new features introduced by SQLite since it started using file format 3
    > all require explicit commands to use.  Adding columns to existing tables,
    > AUTOVACUUM mode, WAL journals, DESC indexes, all require you to execute a
    > specific SQL command to use them.

    More precisely, the all require a schema change.

    If you have a database created by old-application-X using a really old
    version of SQLite.  Then you run DML statements using
    brand-new-application-Y, those DML statement will never change the
    database in any that make it unreadable by X.

    "DML statements" = SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE.
    --
    D. Richard Hipp
    d...@sqlite.org