At 22:38 24/11/2017, you wrote:
One proof of the falsehood of your assertion is that we CAN fill a database with some data using UIDs, and we will almost certainly not get a collision, while you assertion we will.

This is an attempt at "proof by example". Keith is perfectly right --mathematically speaking-- and your "proof" doesn't hold water, I mean as a formal proof. The best proof that your "proof" isn't a proof is that you feel obliged to add "almost certainly".

If SQLite was coded so that "SELECT 3.1415926" would "almost certainly" return the expected value you just wouldn't use it. Same thing can be applied to, say, a the classical Hello world! program and a C compiler, but in this case experience teaches us to be even much more careful!

I agree that you or anyone else _may_ consider the odds of UUID collision(s) rare enough to ignore the issue and this is examplified in practice by a huge number of systems using UUIDs or similar things. But this doesn't make a proof of anything. That's the difference between theory and practice. Search for a good quote in this list about theory and practice ;-)

JcD