At 14:51 16/12/2017, you wrote:
Just joined the list. Am a fairly long term user of SQLite Expert Personal (my version is 3.5.96.2516 - I upgraded to try version 4 a while back but the columns in the Data tab were fixed which is no good for me, I couldn't drag them wider so I went back to v3), and while I built my PC from scratch and am good with a lot of software, I'm by no means an expert when it comes to SQL or databases.

The reason for my post is to help my dad out! We both maintain our own databases (Windows 7) - in the left hand pane of SQLite, you have the database name (basestation) and the table name (Aircraft) - I don't think this list allows snips or I'd send a screenshot but you know what it looks like.

Twice now in the last two months, the "Aircraft" table has vanished from my dad's database effectively showing no data in the data tab on the main window, but the file size has remained the same, suggesting the data is in there somewhere but without it the database is useless. Now I know he's obviously unwittingly done something, but I'd like to know what he did, how he did it, and if there's any way to undo it, should it happen again. After the first loss, I closed the left hand pane so he couldn't accidentally delete the table, but it's gone again so something else is amiss. He uses a laptop with a touchpad and I know how temperamental they can be regarding a mouse swipe vs a mouse click, especially if you accidentally brush it.

I'm as well a (very) long-term user of Expert (a completely distinct product from what the SQLite dev team maintains and offers for free).

When you open Expert and [re]open your database, you should see a + sign in the DB tree (left pane) showing you that the DB contains elements (tables and vues). When you hit this + sign, it chenges to a - sign and the tree expands to list tables and vues; then you can select one of them to see its contents in the Data tab.

Since you seem to say that this is something having occured twice I believe the problem is just misuse of the tree panel.

If you have (or your dad has) explicitely selected one table and hit Del key, a message box popped up to prompt you for confirmation of removal of the table. If a table has been deleted it's no longer available from Expert nor any SQLite DB manager. I believe it can still be recovered by technical means unless the file has been changed later, e.g. by attempting to recreate a table.

As Simon advised you can ask Expert's author for support, even if you use the free version.

JcD