On Mon, 18 Dec 2017 07:21:50 -0700 (MST)
Dinu <dinumar...@gmail.com> escribió:

> Hick Gunter wrote
> > If you are running an SQLite version 3.11.0 or newer, only pages that are
> > changed for the first time in the transaction are copied to the WAL file,
> > thus extending it.
> >
> > While progressing the transaction, the rate of "newly changed" to "changed
> > again" pages will shift towards re-reading and rewriting the WAL file copy
> > of a page; this will tend to slow down the rate at which the WAL file is
> > growing, even at a constant delete rate, until every page has been updated
> > at least once, and then stop growing until all the remaining deletes have
> > been processed.
>
> Running 3.19; thanks for the explanation, this never occured to me and makes
> perfect sense.

Is it compiled with SQLITE_ENABLE_UPDATE_DELETE_LIMIT option? If yes you can
delete, let's say 100000 (10E5) rows each round. Index and metadata would fit
in sqlite cache and clean wal file, making it faster than a on big delete.

--
Eduardo <eduardo.mor...@mobelservices.com>