Hey Simon,

thanks for your clarification.

> Will any of the processes accessing the database have write permission
> ? If not, if they're all just reading the existing database, then
> there's no opportunity for corruption. Think of it as

All of the processes (on "main" and remote host) have read and write
access, though I am only reading data in the processes accessing the db
on a network filesystem. So it may be safer to open the database with
SQLITE_OPEN_READONLY on the remote host.

> 1) Reading a database while it's being written to may yield corrupt results.
> SQLite uses locking to avoid this.
> 2) Two processes writing a database at once will corrupt the database.
> SQLite uses locking to avoid this.
> 3) Locking does not work properly across a network

Thanks for making me aware of potential corrupt results on read.

Due to the potential corruption I changed my scripts to ssh into the
main host and create a backup of the database with 'journal_mode delete'
that can then safely be used to read data even when on a network
filesystem.

Best regards
Leonard