Hi,

I would like to have truly concurrent access to an sqlite database, that is, the ability for multiple connections to read from the database simultaneously. I'm using Java with xerial's sqlite-jdbc, customized to let me mmap the entire database into RAM, and with additional debugging symbols for perf. The database is about 30Gb, fully read-only, and the connections are opened as such.

What I think is happening is that either a pthread mutex or a database lock is serializing the accesses, so each thread blocks the others.

Queries are taking a few seconds, even with covering indexes, and I have the RAM bandwidth available, so I'd really like to use it.

Any pointers?

Thank you.

S.