"This flexible type-name arrangement works because SQLite is very
forgiving about you putting non-proscribed values into columns - it
tries to convert if it can do so without loss of information but if it
cannot do a reversible type conversion it simply stores whatever you
give it.  Hence if you store a string '3456' into an INT column, it
converts the string into an integer, but if you store a string 'xyzzy'
in an INT column it will actually store the string value."

> From: David Burgess
This is an important feature of SQLite.  In hindsight, an excellent decision.

Unless your trying to create a generic user interface.

I have spent the last month trying to solve affinity with the columns.
The only way it seems to me to guarantee to solve the issue is to test
every retrieved column value and test its affinity.

The easier approach chosen just check the column affinity and assume
thats what is going to be stored there.

danap.