On 2018/07/10 12:53 AM, Richard Hipp wrote:
CREATE TABLE t1(x INT, CHECK(x!=5) ON CONFLICT IGNORE);
However, the parser silently discards the ON CONFLICT clause.  I think
this has always been the case.

Well, I feel embarrassed, I have used this CHECK conflict clause a good number of times (usually the FAIL option) and simply never tested it for actual in-use failure, and I'm usually the first to warn about the dangers of assumption. :)

Two questions:
a - Does it affect the UPSERT statement's ON CONFLICT clause? i.e. does INSERT.... ON CONFLICT...  trigger the conflict resolution when the CHECK fails? b - If so, would it be real hard to make it so for column ... CHECK(...) ON CONFLICT... too?

Thanks,
Ryan