On 30 July 2018 at 17:53, Eric Grange <egra...@glscene.org> wrote:

> @Rowan Worth
> > What if you could create a "lite" index, which stores just the rowids in
> a particular order and
> > refers back to the table for the rest of the column data?
>
> As I have millions of rows, and data could get inserted anywhere in that
> index (given the values are
> essentially random), maintaining such an index would not be light work.

Doesn't that problem already exist with the current index? Except worse
because it's storing the cryptographic hash *and* the rowid.

I wasn't suggesting that you manage such an index yourself fwiw, but as a
potential future feature for sqlite - a simple mechanism to control space
used by an index.

-Rowan