Hi,

We are running a 100Gb sqlite database, which we mmap entirely into RAM. We are having trouble with parts of the disk file being evicted from RAM during periods of low activity causing slow responses, particularly before 9am. Has anybody played with mlock and/or madvise within the sqlite mmap subsystem to improve this behaviour?

The system has a few hundred gig of RAM, no swap, the database is read-only, and we would prefer a page-out to a process crash, so mlock might not be ideal, but madvise might not be strong enough?

Thank you.

S.