On 8/25/2018 4:53 PM, Richard Hipp wrote:

There are lots of similar situations, where omitting features from SQLite will break extensions that depend on those features. For example SQLITE_OMIT_VIRTUALTABLE will break FTS3, FTS4, FTS5, and RTREE, all of which depend on virtual tables.

Dependencies are a given. However, I did not expect that
SQLITE_UNTESTABLE disables non-testing functionality, given its name and
description (https://www.sqlite.org/compile.html#untestable).

We are curious to know, though, what you are doing with RBU? That's a obscure and special purpose extension that we did for a single client. Are you finding it useful for something?

So far I have no use case for RBU other than experimentation. Its
features (efficiency, background and incremental operation) excited me
to try it out. I imagine that more than your single client are using it
for database updates.

Ralf