On 10/24/18, Michael Falconer <michael.j.falco...@gmail.com> wrote:

> it's all gone.......while my devout atheism is generally pleased my
> somewhat annoying 'free will, free speech ' ethic has rust on it! Richard,
> it's your joint and it's such a good place, friendly and mostly respectful.
> My atheism was NOT offended in any way by all that God speak and I do
> support the notion that you are perfectly entitled to have a CoC and for it
> to take whatever form you feel appropriate. But I'm an honest guy and will
> unsub if my un-godliness is just totally unacceptable, but I'll still be
> using SQLite!

My original CoC is still there.  It just changed its filename.
https://sqlite.org/codeofethics.html

If you read the original CoC closely, you will find things that
required me to change it.  We have:

  18. Be a help in times of trouble
  19. Console the sorrowing
  31. Love your enemies
  34. Be not proud
  71. Make peace with your adversary before the sun sets

Regardless of whether they are right or wrong, some people were
troubled with the Benedictine Rule being called a "Code of Conduct".
It turns out that the term "Code of Conduct" has special significance
to some communities, and if you misuse the term, it causes emotional
distress. If I can relieve that sorrow without compromising my own
values, isn't it right to do so?  It took me several days and
countless hours reading enraged tweets to figure this out, but in the
end, the solution was as simple as renaming the offensive "Code of
Conduct" to "Code of Ethics", thus avoiding the
name-of-special-significance, then drop in a pre-packaged CoC in place
of the one that became the CoE, and all is well.  Took less than 5
minutes once I figured out what to do.  Who know it was that easy?

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org