On Monday, 26 November, 2018 12:19, Petite Abeille <petite.abei...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Talking of which, the CLI doesn’t seem to handle the following
> statement very gracefully:
>
> sqlite> select DATE '1998-12-25’;
>   ...>
>   ...>
>   …>

>Note how the CLI doesn’t recognize the semicolon marking the end-of-
>statement and expects more input.

>sqlite3 -version
>
>3.25.3 2018-11-05 20:37:38
>89e099fbe5e13c33e683bef07361231ca525b88f7907be7092058007b75036f2

That is because you are using a "goofy quote" and not an ASCII Quotation mark.
You can tell cuz it is all curvy and cutie-pie -- it does *not* close the
quoted string because it is just-another-unicode-character with no special
meaning ... you need to enter a closing quote-mark in order to terminate the
quoted string ...

’ is not a closing quote.  A closing quote looks like this ' and matches the
opening quote that you used.  I also doubt that a text mode program used the …
character in its prompt for more input (especially since the two lines above
that use three ascii periods (...) and not the single-character-unicode … .

You have something mucking about and "helping you" to be cutie-pie.  If you
turn that crap off, your problems will go away...

---
lot about anticipated traffic volume.