Hi,

I read in SQLite documentation that if I define column of type INTEGER PRIMARY
KEY then this column will become an alias to SQLite internal 64-bit integer
index that uniquely identifies the row (hence ‘rowid’).

I also read that the initial default value that will be used for such column is
1.

My question:

I am migrating data from a previous schema to my new schema, which wants to use
this INTEGER PRIMARY KEY capability.

The thing is that in my old schema the integer indexes, which needs to be
mapped to the new INTEGER PRIMARY KEY column, starts with value -2 (minus two).

The values are unique and are going up, but always start at (-2).

Since my schema contains many relations I do not wish to modify these indexes.

My question – if I copy the indexes values as-is, so some are negative, will my
INTEGER PRIMARY KEY column still be an alias to the SQLite internal ‘rowid’
column, or will such values break this alias connection?

Many thanks, Paz