I’ve seen the server mode
<https://sqlite.org/src/raw/README-server-edition.html?name=0c6bc6f55191b6900595fe37470bbe5772953ab5c64dae967d07a5d58a0c3508>
 branch, but to me it’s a deal-breaker that it requires SYNCHRONOUS = OFF.

This BEGIN CONCURRENT idea really interests me. By using WAL mode, where I can
have synchronous commits, the feature becomes much more valuable.

Any word from Mr. Hipp on the status of this branch? Will it ever make it into
the official version of SQLite3, perhaps under a compile-time option?