On 26-6-2019 22:22, Warren Young wrote:
> 3. Lack of types.

Not being a programmer, that was a revelation to me, I started with
Postgresql (upgrading to SQLite now) and wasted way to many hours on
deciding the type. In SQLite it is straight forward. If I use
CURRENT_TIMESTAMP in the shell it shows me some text so that's the type
I choose. If I need finer granularity I do it in the application, not in
the library unless there is a specific function for it.

Regarding the docs, they are dense and not always clear to me as a non
native speaker. Slowly I'm seeing a pattern though, start with the
diagrams and if the SQL does not work, find the exception why in the text.

Ingo