One big issue is that in general (as I remember right) pragmas generally affect
the connection, not the database itself, so shouldn’t change how the schema is
interpreted, or another connection (or before issuing the pragma) might
interpret things differently and possibly see the database as somehow corrupt
or be able to corrupt the database.