On 12 Aug 2019, at 13:51, dboland9 <dbola...@protonmail.com> wrote:

> I'm doing an app. that has multiple tables in sqlite.  When the app. is run
> for the first time, or the tables are lost/damaged, it will create the
> database and all tables.  My question is if there is a best way to create 5
> tables?
>
> I can put al the Python code into one function, pass the path to the database
> file to multiple functions, or pass the connection to multiple functions.  One
> function is the most contained, but very large!  Any suggestions from those
> that have been there done that (BTDT)?

I check for the existence of each database, and if not found then create it
from scratch. I also have a globals table in each database, of which one of the
columns is a version number. If a new software version expects a later version
number, it can apply incremental schema changes. An older software version
finding a too-new version number can quit with a message asking the user to
upgrade.

--
Cheers  --  Tim