I have no connection with this extension to the APSW Python SQLite wrapper, I
just saw a pointer to it.  The latest commit is around nine months ago.
Perhaps someone who is familiar with Python libraries might highlight anything
this does new or unusually well.

<https://github.com/plasticityai/supersqlite>

" A feature-packed Python package and for utilizing SQLite in Python by
Plasticity. It is intended to be a drop-in replacement to Python's built-in
SQLite API, but without any limitations. It offers unique features like remote
streaming over HTTP and bundling of extensions like JSON, R-Trees (geospatial
indexing), and Full Text Search. SuperSQLite is also packaged with pre-compiled
native binaries for SQLite and all of its extensions for nearly every platform
as to avoid any C/C++ compiler errors during install. "