Hi,

I face the following issue:

1) SQLite has been compiled with SQLITE_THREADSAFE=1 and
SQLITE_DEFAULT_SYNCHRONOUS=3
2) I am opening in a thread a new database (standard journal mode) and creating
some tables, indices etc. (explicit transaction)
3) while creating the database a new database connection (read only) is
established in another thread that tries to get some data by a prepared
statement.

In this second thread (step (3)) I get an SQLITE_ERROR in sqlite3_prepare. I
actually expected an SQLITE_BUSY error. Remark: as step (2) is a transaction no
tables exist when step (3) starts execution.

Is my understanding correct that I only get an SQLITE_BUSY error when actually
trying to run a query? In all other cases I should get different error codes,
or?

Regards,
Hardy