On 11/11/19 9:26 AM, Jose Isaias Cabrera wrote:
> Simon Slavin, on Monday, November 11, 2019 08:50 AM, wrote...
>> On 11 Nov 2019, at 1:35pm, Jose Isaias Cabrera, on
>>
>>> Not if the system uses UTF32. :-) You could put the pictograph in that that
>>> textbox, and it'll work.
>> Can you point to some description of this and how it works ?  I've never
>> heard of it.
> My point was that one could define the UTF32 [1] code for that specific
> pictograph or glyph, and it'll work.
>
> josé
>
> [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTF-32

UTF-32 gives no encoding advantage over other Unicode formats, as all
allow expressing all the Unicode code points.

There is no code-point assigned to the Pictogram for his name (As far as
I know), so their is no value you can put in represent it.

There are a number of code points reserved for user definition, but many
of those have been informally reserved for characters no yet put into
Unicode.

It would be possible to include in the application some way to add user
defined glyphs to the system fonts for user defined code points, and
then reconcile these when transferring data from one system to another.

Another option would be to define some user defined code point pair as a
graphics escape, and put within it an encoding of a graphics file
containing the glyph, but at that point you are really outside of being
'Unicode'

--
Richard Damon