On 26/11/2019 02:49, David Raymond wrote:
Dr Hipp replied to this 2 days ago with this:

Documentation fix https://www.sqlite.org/docsrc/info/a2762f031964e774
will appears in the next release.

".header" is an abbreviation for ".headers" and does exactly the same thing.

AFAIK all dot commands can be abbreviated to the shortest distinct partial word, thus ".headers on" can be shortened to ".hea on". This has been the case at least back to sqlite2 and back then, this was mentioned in the CLI documentation and is probably also somewhere in the current documentation. I leave finding it as an exercise for the reader.

John

-----Original Message-----
John McKown
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2019 9:51 AM
To: SQLite mailing list <sqlite-users@mailinglists.sqlite.org>
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Shell commands for controlling headers

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 8:42 AM Craig Maynard <chmayn...@gmail.com> wrote:

All,

Could someone clarify the difference between the two sqlite3 shell
commands .header and .headers?

The relevant documentation page: https://www.sqlite.org/cli.html

On the cli page, .header is discussed in section 5 but does not appear in
Section 3.

Thanks,
Craig

--
Craig H Maynard
Rhode Island, USA

In the sqlite cli itself, doing an ".help", I see:

.header(s)

So I am guessing that they are the same things, perhaps for compatibility
with something in the past.

--
Regards
   John McMahon

When people say "The climate has changed before,"
these are the kinds of changes they're talking about.
https://xkcd.com/1732/