On Wed, 25 Dec 2019 at 01:24, Clemens Ladisch <clem...@ladisch.de> wrote:

> Max Vlasov wrote:
> > bcc 5.5 compiler ... didn't like long long constants
> >such as -2251799813685248LL
>
> If you want to make this particular compiler happy, use
> -2251799813685248i64.

Thanks, this helped when I tested this scenario.

Interesting that while searching and replacing I found a comment existing
in 3.6.10 version (the earliest I have) and probably prior that addressed
the problems with exposing 64-bit constants to compilers

>     /* Some compilers complain about constants of the form
0x7fffffffffffffff.
>     ** Others complain about 0x7ffffffffffffffffi64.  The following macro
seems
>     ** to provide the constant while making all compilers happy.
>    */
> #   define MAX_ROWID  (i64)( (((u64)0x7fffffff)<<32) | (u64)0xffffffff )

So probably it's hard to keep making all compilers (old and young) happy
all the time :). Thanks to Richard and the team for at least trying to make
them as happy as it's possible.

Max