On 12/31/19, Jose Isaias Cabrera <jic...@outlook.com> wrote:

> I don't know what "This bug affects debug builds...",

This is yet another fault not in SQLite itself, but in the auxiliary
VM register tracking logic that we use during testing and debugging.
Hence, it only comes up if you compile with -DSQLITE_DEBUG.  An
ordinary build works find and gives a correct answer.

The VM register tracking logic does for the VM (approximately) what
ASAN does for machine code - it tries to identify cases where the byte
code is violating assumptions about the operation of the VM.

In this particular instance, the issue raised by the VM register
tracking logic was a false-positive.  The VM register tracking logic
has been enhanced on trunk to avoid this particular false-positive, so
the problem should no longer occur.
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org