https://www.sqlite.org/tempfiles.html

The above page says that there should be a journal file.

"The PERSIST journal mode foregoes the deletion of the journal file
and instead overwrites the rollback journal header with zeros, which
prevents other processes from rolling back the journal and thus has
the same effect as deleting the journal file, though without the
expense of actually removing the file from disk."

But I don't see it. Does anybody why I don't see the journal file?
What does "normal" printed mean?

$ sqlite3 /tmp/dbfile -header -separator $'\t' <<EOF
pragma locking_mode=persist;
replace into mytab (h1, h2) values ('c', 3);
select * from mytab;
EOF
locking_mode
normal