> You're twisting my point here. I obviously want the reverse,
> I want the database types to "drive" the binding done. 1-to-1.
> Because even if binding a different type would work, via SQLite's
> own implicit conversion, I don't want that, because it's hiding a
> bug in the code most likely instead. --DD

WRT the code that the bug is in: I'm assuming that your code is creating text
SQL statements which it passes to some process, right? The "binding" you
mention is confusing me. You can't be using query.addBindValue() because the
type is coerced to match the column type.

So, if you are generating text SQL statements: Is the code inadvertently
putting quotes (') around in integer value or is the user entering a string and
your code is taking that input and slapping it into a SQL INSERT statement?

Please explain your possible code "bug".

Doug