Thanks for the fix, I just verified that our issue is gone. We will keep the fact that this should not happen in the first place in mind.

Jakub

On 2/13/20 2:50 PM, Richard Hipp wrote:
On 2/13/20, jakub.ku...@oracle.com <jakub.ku...@oracle.com> wrote:

Recently, O_NOFOLLOW was added to several calls into robust_open(). In
that function, if the fd returned by open() is too low (in the stdio
range 0-2), then it closes it, and opens /dev/null to pad out the fd's
until we reach at least fd#3.

Background information: That mechanism was added as a defense again
application bugs causing database corruption.  See paragraph 1.1 of
the "How To Corrupt an SQLite Database" document:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.sqlite.org/howtocorrupt.html__;!!GqivPVa7Brio!NUDhY2pzO4PpZT0RKPQfk3_pDYeaTXiQAcUSy2MJ0MQB0f52qjDKETsBfy1QTe-Vkw$

The fact that you are hitting this problem suggests that there is
something wrong with your application.

Thanks for the suggested improvements to SQLite.  A patch for this
will appear in the next release.  Or you can use the latest trunk
check-in.
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.sqlite.org/src/timeline?c=0c683c43a62fe25c__;!!GqivPVa7Brio!NUDhY2pzO4PpZT0RKPQfk3_pDYeaTXiQAcUSy2MJ0MQB0f52qjDKETsBfy0QQEetPw$