On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 10:53:12AM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> If you use READ COMMITTED isolation (the default in PostgreSQL)

> If it is a problem,
> then you need to select SERIALIZABLE isolation in PostgreSQL
> in which case the MVCC is not going to give you any advantage
> over SQLite.

Is that in fact true?  I am not familiar with how PostgreSQL
implements the SERIALIZABLE isolation level, but I assume that
PostgreSQL's MVCC would still give some advantage even under
SERIALIZABLE: It should allow the readers and (at least one of) the
writers to run concurrently.  Am I mistaken?

--
Andrew Piskorski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.piskorski.com/