[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Noel Frankinet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
You might want to take a look at DRH's proposal, http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=VirtualTables which looks like it would make it easier for the R community to implement the sort of interface you're talking about.
I've read the proposed virtualTable schema.
Mr Hipp could you elaborate on how you envision spatial indexing ?

I've not thought about it.  The VirtualTable proposal was
developped to support full-text search and as something to
replace the (goofy) pragmas currently used to find schema
information.  I would imagine that virtualtables would also
be useful for spatial indexing, but I have not looked closely
into the matter.
--
D. Richard Hipp   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Thank you for your reply,
I suppose that whatever indexing technique, it boils down to " I have that bunch of keys please return the corresponding records". I can then use IN or BETWEEN statement, but I suspect that a UNION between a TABLE(query_quadtree(interesting_window)) (is this a virtual table?) and my target table would do better.
Am I right ? maybe a little bit confused ?

Best regards

--
Noël Frankinet
Gistek Software SA