Regarding: "...I believe my only option is to attach databases one at a
time,..."

I can't say I know enough of your system to be sure, but keeping each
subject's data in a separate database may not serve you well in the long
run.

Since I would suspect you will want to do various searches that span
subjects, comparing them on a particular measurement, would it not be more
conventional to have a single (disk-based) database containing multiple
tables, many of them indexed by a patient-identifier key?  If you ever need
to dump or delete all data for a particular subject, that should be simple.

Just a thought.