-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Derrick [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2007 10:22 AM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: [sqlite] UI question

This is probably a stupid question but has frustrated me a couple of
times.

When using the command line interface sqlite3, a couple of times I have
forgotten to use the "." before a command.  After that I get a "...>"
prompt  that I can't seem to escape from and accepts no commands?  My
only choice is to shut down that terminal and start a new one..

There must be an easy  way to  get back to the command mode? And what is
the "...>"  mode?

Scott

Hi Scott,

The command line utility thinks you are continuing a long SQL command.

A semicolon (;) will terminate it, put you back to command mode, and
allow you to .quit