The current virtual-table implementation does not work when you have
shared cache mode enabled. We would like to fix this so that that you can
(for example) use FTS and shared cache at the same time.  But to do so
seems likely to require an incompatible change to the virtual-table interface.

The virtual-table interface is currently listed as "experimental" and does not appear in the "official" documentation in capi3ref.html. So we are free
to change it if we need to.  But I wonder how many people this would
inconvenience.

If you have or know of a virtual table implementation (other than the ones that are included with SQLite - such as FTS1-3) that will be broken by an
API change, please let me know.  And please also advice me how much of
a hardship a change would be for you.

D. Richard Hipp
[EMAIL PROTECTED]