On Nov 13, 2007, at 10:37 PM, Richard Klein wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
What?  And encourage people to write multitheaded programs?
Not likely...

I've been meaning to ask ... When you say that multiple threads
are evil, do you mean "as opposed to multiple processes"?  Or
do you feel that multiprogramming in general is evil?

Threads are (usually) fine as long as each thread has its own
address space that the other threads cannot mess with.  In other
words, I  have no issues with separate processes provided that
separate processes really are needed.  For example, it is often
a good idea to run your GUI in a separate process from your
compute engine so that long computations don't free the display.

D. Richard Hipp
[EMAIL PROTECTED]