At 8:39 PM -0600 11/14/07, andy wrote:
 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
 > >   *  Somebody please suggest a better tag line -
 >      something better than "The World's Most Widely
 >      Used SQL Database".

How about:

"Small, Fast, Reliable.  Choose any three."

I'm not sure if I heard that someplace, but I googled it and didnt find a reference...

The original is more like "Good, Fast, Cheap; Pick Two", which describes the reality when a client wants to hire someone to do a custom job done for them.

But good open-source software that is already made allows you to say instead:

"Good, Fast, Cheap; Pick Three"

Taken at face value, that could be a good line in what it implies, that you can have your cake and eat it too. SQLite is good, you can get it immediately (fast), and you can get it at no cost (cheap).

That said, this phrase can apply to any good open source software that is already done, and isn't specific to SQLite. Or you could use it anyway.

Or you could go with what Andy suggested.

-- Darren Duncan