I don't know if the following might be a problem with the new release,
or just something odd on my system.

In sqlite 3.3.12, I try to create an empty table copying the schema of
an existing table by using a command such as the following:
    CREATE TABLE  newtable AS SELECT * FROM oldtable LIMIT 0;
I seem to create an integrity_check failure (and the "newtable" is not
created, btw).

If I then close the database and re-open it, the "malformed database
schema" error is returned for most any operation, and no table within
the database can be dumped.

I can produce the error with the pre-compiled windows binary sqlite3.exe
(I'm running winXP SP2).

When I tried an old sqlite 3.4.2 that I had lying around, it *did*
create "newtable" and there was *no* integrity_check failure.   Same
with version 2.8.13 (sqlite.exe).

Is this an easily-repeatible issue, or do I have some corrupted files
somewhere?

Obviously, try this *only* on a new or expendable database!

************************************ QUICK TEST PROCEDURE:
sqlite3  databasename

create table cat ( a, b );
insert into cat values (1, 2);
create table badboy as select * from cat limit 0;
pragma integrity_check;
.quit

See if you get an integrity failure.  Then open the same database and
operate on the database, e.g.:

sqlite3 databasename

select * from cat;

See if you get "SQL error: malformed database schema"

************************************* LOG OF TRYING ABOVE ON MY SYSTEM:

C:\Data\zip5>sqlite3 newdb.db
SQLite version 3.3.12
Enter ".help" for instructions
sqlite> create table cat ( a, b);
sqlite> insert into cat values (1, 2);
sqlite> create table badboy as select * from cat limit 0;
sqlite> pragma integrity_check;
*** in database main ***
Page 3 is never used
sqlite> select * from cat;