On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 08:36:54 -0400, Chris Peachment
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> According to the php info() function, on Ubuntu, PHP Version
> 5.2.3-1ubuntu6.2 was released on 3 December 2007 and includes the
> PDO sqlite driver for sqlite version 3.5.2.
>
> It also includes the extension library sqlite driver for version
> 2.8.17 so you have your choice there.

That's the advantage of (some) Linux distributions.

I just updated my Windows Apache/2.2.4 with PHP 5.2.5  (.zip
install, build date Nov 8 2007 23:18:08). Its php_pdo_sqlite is
not very up to date, it appears to use SQLite 3.3.17.

So I activated php_pdo_sqlite_external instead and copied
sqlite3.dll v3.5.3 to %serverroot%/bin .
That works like a charm.

>Personally, I use PDO with sqlite on my local server as a direct
>substitute for PDO with mysql on the remote server. If you use only
>simple sql statements then the only change needed is something like:
>
>  define("SERVER_MYSQL",  1);
>  define("SERVER_SQLITE",  2);
>  define("DATABASE_SERVER", SERVER_SQLITE);
>//  define("DATABASE_SERVER", SERVER_MYSQL);
>
>try {
>  if (DATABASE_SERVER == SERVER_MYSQL) {
>    $dbh = new PDO("mysql:host=localhost;dbname=tasks", "tasks",
>"tasks");
>  }
>  else {
>    $dbh = new PDO('sqlite:tasks.db');
>  }
>}

Nice setup.
I still have MySQL v5.0.41 running next to SQLite for a few
third party 'legacy' non-PDO MySQL applications, both on my
development machine, in the production environment, and at home.
--
  (  Kees Nuyt
  )