On 12/12/07, Sreedhar.a <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am using the sqlite to store the metadata of audio files.
> Is it possible to store the metadata in unicode character format in sqlite.

Yes; SQLite assumes all TEXT type data in the database is Unicode. You
can work with it in UTF-8 with the *_text() APIs, or UTF-16 using the
*_text16() calls. SQLite will convert between the two encodings as
necessary.

The sqlite3 shell assumes UTF-8, but it depends on the platform's
console to actually use UTF-8 when talking to it, so it may be
difficult to properly test with it.