At 3:14 PM +0200 1/14/08, Lauri Nurmi wrote:
SQLite seems to be accepting SELECT queries that use aggregate functions without a GROUP BY. This is a little dangerous, because queries that should not work at all are returning sensible-looking results.
<snip>
sqlite> SELECT MAX(a), b FROM T;
7|Mouse

I would argue that this is a bug in the general case, where b does not have the same value in every row of T. A DBMS accepting such queries isn't just a little dangerous, its flat out wrong. I would ask what rationale there is for this query not failing. -- Darren Duncan