From Nico:
You could always copy the users_history table records to an attached DB
and "delete from users_history;" after every, or every N, transactions
on your main DB.  This ways your users_history table size is bounded in
the main DB and you still get to keep all your history in a separate DB.
=============

You know your app better than I, but I would think that if you used
Nico's suggestion, but kept the most-recent X history records in the
main database, that might be very useful to you in debugging a user's
problem.

This email and any attachments have been scanned for known viruses using
multiple scanners. We believe that this email and any attachments are virus
free, however the recipient must take full responsibility for virus checking.
This email message is intended for the named recipient only. It may be
privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the named recipient of this
email please notify us immediately and do not copy it or use it for any
purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person.