From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2008 9:20 AM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Number of elements in IN clause

"Samuel R. Neff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I don't think it is standard SQL.  At the very least, it doesn't work in
> MSSQL.  Standard is
>
>       SELECT * FROM maintable WHERE key IN (select x from stuff);
>
> SQLite shortened version is much nicer.. wish it was standard.

SQLite also accepts the more verbose version shown above,
of course.  The two statements do *exactly* the same thing.

I cannot believe that I would have put in the short-hand
notation without having seen it somewhere else first.
Does PostgreSQL support the short-hand version?

--
D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>