On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 10:12 AM, Noah Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Suggestion to SQLite Developers ... Have PRAGMA integrity_check reparse
>  the SQL in sqlite_master, looking for errors.
>
>  Regards,
>
>  Noah

I don't think that would actually help.  It seems that this problem
was caused by older versions of SQLite accepting certain invalid SQL
syntax.  Since the bad syntax was accepted by the older parser, it's
not going to just start rejecting the database.

What I would recommend is a twofold change:

1. Improve the error message -- perhaps display the table/view name
and/or full SQL that it couldn't parse

2. When PRAGMA writable_schema=ON, treat schema errors as warnings and
simply disallow access to the affected tables/views.  This shouldn't
cause any compatibility problems because nobody should be using
writable_schema anyway.

--
-- Stevie-O
Real programmers use COPY CON PROGRAM.EXE