D. Richard Hipp wrote:
>> i always get the error "unable to open database file", error number
>> is 14
>>

> Probably it is unable to open a temporary file in /tmp or /var/tmp or
> wherever temporary files are suppose to live on your system.

This situation seems to come up fairly often. Perhaps it would be a good
idea to return a different error for this situation, something like
"unable to create temporary file", which would give users a more
explicit indication of what the real problem is. I think most users jump
to the conclusion that this error always refers to the main database
file, and the existing error doesn't give any indication that there
could be other causes.

Dennis Cote