Hey all,

Over at mozilla, we have an interest to keep other applications from
writing to our database.  To accomplish this, we open the database
with an exclusive lock using the locking_mode pragma.  However, this
means other processes cannot even read our database.  What we'd like
to see is a new locking mode that gives you exclusive write access,
but allows for any number of readers.  This would still have the same
performance benefit of using exclusive locking because sqlite will
know that the database won't even change, but will allow other readers
to look at the data.

Let me know what you think (and if this is even feasible).

Cheers,

Shawn Wilsher
Mozilla Developer