Hello. I'm trying to add BLOB support to a Ruby interface to SQLite3 and
am running into an issue. I've created a column of type BLOB and am
writing ruby strings of binary data, but it seems like sqlite might be
null-terminating these strings. Specifically, when I check the length of
the string in my program, it is 25. When it's written to the database
and read back, though, it's 2. Character 3 is a null.

In looking at the type support documentation, it would appear that I'm
supposed to use the X"ABCD" notation for entering BLOB literals. Could
this be why my blobs are being null-terminated, since it looks as if the
problem isn't in ruby? If so, Can anyone explain what is meant by
X"ABCD" notation? Is this a string in the form 'X"mybinaryliteral"'? I
tried that from the command line, and the string is entered as it
appears. Is it a regular string with an X before it? I also tried this
and X was an unrecognized token.

Apologies for the naive question, but I've been on google poking around
for the past 20 minutes, and my search for examples hasn't shown me
anything other than the original document. :)

Thanks.
)