-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Christophe Leske
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2008 3:05 AM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: [sqlite] More on ICU extension (windows)

Graeme schrieb:
> I apparently successfully compiled the ICU extension with:

Has anyone sucessfully compiled the ICU extension for Windows (XP)? If
so, i would be very interested in the steps, thank you.

Also, isn´t it that the command line interpreter for windows (the one
offered at the sqlite site) should have the ICU extension built-in?

If so, then i must say that it apparently hasn´t, as i cannot do any SQL
statements in it whatsoever.

Any diacritic character like "ü" gets apparently garbled in the statements.

I am doing something like this

select * from cities where name like "münchen"; --> no result

whereas if i do

select * from cities where name like "m³nchen"; --> correct results

Note the weird "upper 3" character in the request, which apparently
represents the Umlaut "ü".

Either the command line interpreter does not correctly handle diacritic
characters, or my sqlite database was wrongly created (it was an
automatic conversion from an Access MDB file thought).

Thanks for any help,

--
Christophe Leske

www.multimedial.de - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.linkedin.com/in/multimedial
Lessingstr. 5 - 40227 Duesseldorf - Germany
0211 261 32 12 - 0177 249 70 31