-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Szomraky, Stefan
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2008 12:02 AM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Loading a existing database 100% into memory

What do you mean by loading it into memory?
If you want to dump the on-disk tables into memory and also want to
check the memory footprint used for caching try this:

Open the :memory: database and attach the on-disk database with
ATTACH filename.db AS filename

Then do a
CREATE TABLE tableName AS SELECT * FROM filename.tableName
On each table in the file, thus creating an in-memory copy of the DB and
having done a select on each table (i.e. you'll see how much cache in
memory will be used, etc.)

You can enumerate all tables in a your on-disk-file in the mentioned
scenario by doing a "SELECT tbl_name FROM filename.sqlite_master WHERE
type = 'table'".

Best regards,
Stefan.